The 1920’s grandeur of this contemporary building is elegantly expressed in the scale of its articulated architectural columns and window mullions. A richly detailed precast concrete base provides housing for the building’s four story parking garage and retail shops. A contemporary steel and glass entry canopy and warm cherry paneled and flamed granite lobby greet visitors at the Michigan Avenue entrance. Embracing Chicago’s energy and environmental conservation ethos, the fifth floor roof deck is fully landscaped. The landscaping adds an outdoor amenity to the building and helps to minimize water runoff from the site, reducing the solar heat-load on the building’s environmental system and helping insulate the heated garage space below.